Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Note 4

Lovers Nightmare, my all time favorite poem I have come across while doing this project. It is so down to earth and connects with me so well. I have felt myself at times experiencing the same thing as the author. The poems talks about having a dream about a boyfriend and then suddenly you wake up and realize he's not really there. It goes through different tones as it starts out peaceful and calm and turns sorrowful, but overall ending in complete bliss.
And suddenly it hits me,
Like a car going sixty,
I sit there and smile for the longest time,
Dreams aren't real and I know your mine.

The last four lines of the poem explain the concluding happiness as the author realize life is better than a dream. The poem uses great rhyming as every two lines correspond. It also does a great job capturing emotion, i even got a little teary when it talked about him not being there. It is easy to experience what the author is feeling with her use of diction. She seems to be so attached to the person whom she is dreaming about that even the unconscious thought of losing him brings her to tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment